July 3, 2009

Fourth of July Makeup Look!

IMG_6967

IMG_6987

Hey Fans,

I’ve created a fun patriotic look for this upcoming Fourth of July, and yes, I am wearing blue eye shadow. I’m sure you’ve heard before that blue eyeshadow is a makeup no no, but quite frankly, I don’t really believe in makeup rules and I think that blue is quite beautiful to wear. This look is a little dramatic for the everyday look, however, I hope it still gives you inspiration to try out color in lieu of the everyday neutrals. So below is a list of the products used for this look of the week, in order of application.

FACE

  • MAC Prep & Prime Skin
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
  • MAC Select Coverup Concealer
  • MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Powder
  • Tarte Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess

EYES

  • L’Oreal Cream Eyeshadow Paint in Secretive (entire lid)
  • NYX White Eyeliner Pencil (applied over bottom lid and blended with fingers)
  • MAC Gesso shadow (inner lid and browbone highlight)
  • MAC Electro Sky Sky (outer lid crease, and lower lash line)
  • MAC Frost Pigment (on top of Gesso shadow)
  • L’Oreal Liquid liner in Black (top lash line)
  • MAC Engraved Powerpoint Eyeliner (waterline of lower lash area)
  • L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Very Black
  • MAC Brun Shadow (brows only)

CHEEKS

  • Coastal Scents (CS) Highlight/Contour Blush Palette (pink rose shade)

LIPS

  • Cargo lipstick in Maria
  • MAC Clear Lipglass

*To create the stars effect alongside the eye area, I first applied a few mini star stickers in the area I wanted the stars to appear. Then I applied MAC’s Pearl Cream Color Base over the general area where the star stickers were. Then I brushed on some MAC White Glitter Pigment and MAC Frost Pigment to add some sparkle and whiteness. Then I finished by peeling off the stickers from the face. You can do this simple trick with any type of stencil or sticker shape.

Thanks again for checking out my blog. I hope you enjoyed this Fourth of July Look!

Have a blessed and safe holiday,

Adrienne

1 comment: