May 14, 2009

MAC Style Warrior Collection- Fabulous Friday Review!

I’m so excited to finally share my life as a makeup artist with you all! There is no specific format to my blog , just random things that are going on in my world. I hope you find it interesting to follow as I take you behind the scenes to what I do and who I get to have the pleasure to work with! So, here we go….

Since I got my real professional start as a makeup artist working in the MAC counter several years ago, it’s no surprise that my first makeup blog is devoted this week to MAC’s upcoming collection, Style Warrior, which offically launches nationwide on May 28th. This week, I went to MAC’s Unveiling Party for its Style Warrior Collection at the MAC Store in the Domain.

This party was a one-night preview and purchase event for MAC preferred customers. The event was so much fun to attend though it was very crowded and hot inside with all the body heat! I couldn’t wait to see the product packaging, which is half of what I love about MAC’s products, and the Style Warrior makeup. I would describe the packaging as tribal meets leopard chic if that makes sense. The containers are so cute that I don’t think I could get rid of it when the products run out. So here is the MAC Style Warrior collection below.

Style Warrior, Liberated (the gloss I purchased!), Gold Rebel, Fierce& Fabulous

Brave New Bronze, Purple Rite, Sunsation, Tribalist

Vibrant Grape, Bright Future

Night Manoeuvres (I purchased this!), Soft Force

Refined Golden, Tempting

Solar riche, Refined Golden (re-promote)

Eversun ( I purchased this one!), On a Mission

Skin Sheens in- Medium Dark, Dark, and Deep Dark

Lustre Drops in- Pink Rebel, Bronze Hero, and Sun Rush

Golden Bronze Iridiscent Loose Powder/ #182 Buffer Brush

There are also some additional products that are not pictured, which are nail lacquers in 3 frosty shades (Mercenary, Peaceable, and Violet Fire), Eye Kohl in Smolder (repromote), and Pro Lash Mascara in Coal Black (repromote).

I have already used two of the Style Warrior products on clients this week. In fact, the next day, I used the Night Manoeuvres shadow and Liberated Lipglass on a bridal trial run appointment. It looked fabulous, which reminds me that I will be posting pics of my work soon! Some will be from my happy point and shoot camera and some professional pics.

Well, that’s my preview for you all of this fabulous animal chic collection! Don’t be scared by some of the bold colors in this collection. It was refreshing to see some rich pigment shades mixed with the bronze colors since Summer collections, in general, generally involve bronze and tan shades for the face.

Next week, I will be sharing my NYC trip with you all as I attend this year’s NYC Makeup Show this weekend! I’ll be previewing and purchasing (again!) the latest in makeup products/tools as well as taking a class by celebrity artist, Jon Hennessey. So I can’t wait to write back to you all! So see you then!

xoxo,

Adrienne

IMG_6423

Me, Jenny Lin and Ana Bazan (two amazing artists as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment